16 Dec Is Independent Living Right for You?
Choosing the right place to live during retirement can be a life changing decision. Although an independent living community is a great fit for most seniors; it is common to experience fear while considering the switch to independent living. Many seniors believe that transitioning to independent living will strip them of their autonomy. However, modern independent living communities offer you the freedom to live with ease and enhance your quality of life throughout your retirement. Here are some of the benefits to consider.
- Carefree Lifestyle. As a resident at a retirement community, you won’t have to worry about home repairs or keeping up the yard. Some retirement communities even offer linen and housekeeping services. Professionally trained staff take care of the details, so you have more time to enjoy yourself.
- Stimulating Social Life. It is often said that a healthy social life increases longevity. Independent living communities offer the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and build a sense of comradery and purpose through clubs and group activities.
- Convenience. One of the best things about living in a retirement community is the amenities. Many facilities have on-site gyms, exercise classes, hair salons, and adult education. All these amenities can be taken advantage of in the comfort of a secure community.
- On-site Medical Staff and Emergency Care. Communities typically provide 24-hour access to on-site licensed/certified medical staff; ensuring that you will be taken care of promptly, if needed. Many communities also offer round the clock emergency care. You and your family can have peace of mind knowing that help is just around the corner.
- Transportation. When you belong to an independent living community there is generally no need to own a car. On-site transportation makes it easy to run errands or meet up with friends and family.
- Nutrition. Many communities include chef prepared meals, ensuring that residents receive proper nutrition and get their dietary needs met daily. This is a great way to stay healthy and do less dishes.
- Easy Budgeting. Most retirement communities charge a monthly fee which includes most utilities. There is no need to keep track of separate bills which allows the ability to create a reliable monthly budget.
As you can see there are many benefits to be had from independent living. Becoming part of an independent living community provides an all-inclusive lifestyle, geared to enhance your quality of life, and alleviate the stress of bills and home ownership responsibilities. Independent living affords you the freedom to be yourself and truly enjoy your life.